I am an extremely unsatisfied customer, thanks to the inefficient team that deals with the Service of a Safari Dicor- I was stranded in the middle of a Highway with my family for over 7 hours.
The Service representatives who attended to my calls – after listening to me and understanding that I was stranded in the middle of a high way with my family promptly asked me to call on another number (The other number mentioned on the windscreen)
The little hopes I had, was shattered when the representative who received my call asked me to call the first number listed on the windshield.
It took 2 calls to understand that the numbers listed in my windshield were neither 24-HOUR of support nor had anything to remotely do with HELP, wonder what got them associated with the term 24-HOUR HELP
I then reached the owners manual to look for the Helpline numbers hoping they may finally be of some help.
The real surprise to me was when I was given to understand that a laptop was needed to diagnose the problem and the mechanics from Chitoor didn’t have a clue about this.
Just when I thought the Mechanics from TATA in Chitoor would fix the Minor issue and help me reach
The mechanics from Chitoor were convinced that they could fix my car if I went to their Head Office which was about 250kms away in
He apparently happened to be a local from Tamil Nadu and thankfully happened to be able to source the number of the TATA showroom in
I would affirm agencies like Vijay Motors (
The person at the reception was quick to transfer the call to person concerned and got the ball rolling to check how they could be of help.
Frantic calls to the Rescue team gave me just one outcome - ‘The Number was not reachable’.
We were left crossing our fingers hoping we remain safe.
The team that arrived knew what they were doing – they quickly did a sanity check on the Safari and then got a few iron chains and began to hook up the Safari to their rescue van – preparing to tow the vehicle.
The rescue team from
The team was quick in plugging in a desktop to the engine and confirmed the cause of the failure.
We were informed that it would take approximately 15 days to get my car moving.
The components that needed to be replaced were:
- Injectors – 4 nos
- Common Rail
- High Pressure Hose
It would be amiss if I do not mention the customer service skills that were exhibited by the team in
During my conversations with executives from the various Centers I was time and again told that several TATA Safari Dicor’s have faced similar situations and this was not the first car to have gone thru this kind of a breakdown.
When stuck, I obviously did not expect the team from
A few questions that remain unanswered and need clarity:
- Who will bear the expenses for the failure on the part of TATA motors?
- The Showroom who sold the car?
- TATA Motors?
- TATA Service Centers that dropped the ball?
- Who will take responsibility for the performance of a brand new vehicle that ends up with a large failure that takes 15 days to repair?
- Is this vehicle (Safari) made of sub-standard products? Or was my vehicle one of the vehicles in a certain batch that did not go thru a comprehensive quality check?
- How can I be sure that I will not be stranded in a similar fashion if not worse – because of an issue that is known to officials in TATA motors (little has been done about the same).
- Will the support provided to customers ever be dialed up by sensitizing the TATA Service Centers and equipping them with adequate tools/support?
- I have been informed that the crash guard, front bumper, number plate, etc that was broken/damaged while the care was being towed by the TATA motors executives has to be replaced at my own cost.
I have request the officials concerned to take note of the situation and do the needful to refund the charges of a Safari.
I bought a TATA Safari because the advertisements read “Put the Tata Safari to the only test that matters” Little did I know what the team in TATA motors meant when they spoke of a TEST.
Test a person – After a Traumatizing experience
Harass people in the name of a 24 Hour Help Line’s
Inadequate support in the name of Service Centers
Improper- training to the support staff.