I am no die hard cricket fan; however the recent behaviors’ of the so-called angry fans that went on a rampage because of India’s loss @ the hands of Bangladesh has got me concerned about the state of affairs…
- Is this the way we demonstrate the love for our country and the SPORT?
- Is this how we stand up for our players who represent us?
- Is this the new face of patriotism?
If people in this country want the Team to come back (Home) just because they lost ONE match, may be the law should read that INDIA should not participate in any sport as we may lose.
When the country is celebrating campaigns because INDIA has arrived, hoping the new age Indian has reformed - in reality is there lack in the skepticism of our minds?
- Is the Indian whom the world perceives as a Leader, actually hot-headed and destructive?
- Is this the way, youth of a Pulsating country behave?
- Has the fear of failure out-grown the faith in success?
We should neither accept mediocre performance nor should we take to the streets to express our displeasure, after all if we don’t stand up for our players who will?
Remember: Destroying public property and shouting filthy slogans should not be the new Face of Patriotism-However,love for the country and willingness to sacrifice for it,should represent the true feeling.
When the Great Scorer comes to write against our names he writes not if we won
or lost- but how we played the game.